These cute little jalapeño popper mummies are the perfect Halloween snack! Stuffed with bacon and cheese, these poppers are filled with warm gooey goodness, a perfect treat for your Halloween party!
Spooky Jalapeño Popper Mummies
- 15 Jalapeños (2 reserved for eyes)
- 4 Sliced of Bacon – cooked and chopped
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese – Softened
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 can Crescent rolls or dough sheet
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Slice the jalapeños in half length-wise, and scoop out the seeds. Be careful the seeds will leave a lasting impression on anything you touch afterwards. I usually use a 1/4 teaspoon to help because it’s small enough to fit into the pepper without breaking it. I insert it at the top, spoon down and scrape along the bottom of the pepper.Don’t worry if you bust through one just put it aside and you can use it for the eyes (instructions below)
- Mix together the bacon (optional), cream cheese, and cheeses until combined evenly.
- On a baking tray, lined with parchment paper, lay out your peppers.
- Using a spoon, fill your peppers with bacon and cheese mixture until they are stuffed.
- Now, to make these poppers into mummies…Take out your crescent dough. You will slice 1/8th or so wide piece off of the square.Roll it out pressing evenly with your hands so that it gets longer in length – this particular step reminded me of when I was a pretzel maker at the mall in college. If you’ve ever watched them roll and twist a pretzel it’s just like that.
- Then you wrap it around the stuffed jalapeño peppers in a mummy like form, use your imagination and have fun.Tear off the excess dough, make sure to keep the ends on the backside of the mummy.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the mummy wrap browns.
- While they are baking, you can make the eyes! I used a straw and poked out eyes from a jalapeño pepper, if you don’t have a straw you can use a knife to carve out eyes, or if you don’t want to bother with the minor details, no worries, eyes are not important