In need of a super quick and easy dinner? This easy cheesy chili mac casserole does the just the trick! Cozy chili mixed into cheesy macaroni and baked for a delicious crispy top is perfect for any chilly weeknight dinner. The best part, you can make it your own by using any chili recipe you love.
Let’s talk about the chili
The Best Homemade Chili is just a click away. You can make this chili with any protein you want (beef, chicken, turkey or add extra beans for vegetarian). It’s easy to make in a crockpot or on the stove, perfect for any chilly cozy dinner. Save the leftovers for this easy cheesy chili mac casserole!
You can also use your tried and true favorite chili recipe or your favorite canned grocery store chili for this recipe. No shame in that game, we’re all hungry at the end of a chilly cold day, I support you grabbing a few cans from the shelf.
Chili Mac Casserole – three ingredients only
Once you have your chili, you only need two more simple ingredients!
Macaroni – I love to use elbow macaroni, but you can use whatever you have in your pantry! Corkscrew is also a great idea. If you want to make this Gluten Free and little more healthier, I love to substitute regular pasta with lentil pasta, you don’t even notice the switch making it perfect for kids too!
Cheese – Sharp cheddar is my go to, but you can make it anyway you would like. Mild cheddar, pepper jack or a combo of both would be delicious. I like freshly shredded cheese better than the grocery store bag, in my opinion it tastes better off the block. However, time and sanity is of the essence so for weeknight dinners I say do whatever makes you happy.
Easy Cheesy Chili Mac Casserole
- 2 cups Macaroni Measured uncooked
- 3 cups Chili
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (8oz)
- Preheat you oven to 350F. Spray your casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In hot boiling water with a heavy pinch of salt, make your macaroni according to the package directions until al dente. About 7-10 minutes. Drain out the water and add the macaroni back into the pot.
- Stir in the chili and cheese until evenly distributed. Leave a little cheese (about 1/4 cup) for the topping.
- Dump your mixture into your casserole dish and sprinkle the remainder of your cheese on top.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes until it's hot and the cheese is melted.