Easy desserts are always necessary, especially around the holidays. These fudgy peppermint swirl brownies are so easy and super festive. Nothing is better than super fudgy chocolate with a warm swirl of melted white chocolate peppermint, the combination is a match made in heaven.
As an insta(gram) recipe, these are a fun and super simple, using your favorite boxed brownie mix and a bag of white chocolate peppermint chunks you can make these in a snap! They will go fast, so you might want to make two batches 🙂
To get the ultimate (boxed) fudgy brownies, you want to make them in a 8×8 or 9×9 pan so that they are thicker, skinny brownies should not be trusted.
I also prefer boxed mixes that have additional chocolate chips in the batter, it helps keep them fudgy and rich in flavor. If your batter doesn’t have them, feel free to add a cup or so of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips.
Fudgy Peppermint Swirl Brownies
- 1 box Your Favorite Brownie Mix – batter made according to the box instructions
- 1 cup Ghirardelli White Chocolate Peppermint Chunks
- Preheat your oven using the instructions on your brownie box for a 8×8 or 9×9 pan.
- Make your brownie batter and pour into a prepared pan.
- Over a double boiler, melt your 1 cup of white chocolate peppermint chunks. *To make a double boiler, in a small pot add about an inch of water. Place a heat-safe bowl over the pot so that it doesn't tough the water or bottom of the pot. Add your chocolate into the bowl. Turn your stove to medium high heat and let the steam from the water slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. Be careful, your bowl will get warm, use a towel or oven mitten to help hold it as your stir the chocolate until it melts.
- Pour the melted while chocolate over the brownie batter. To make a swirl pattern, pour the melted chocolate in about 4 vertical lines – in the same direction. Using a knife or toothpick gently make lines in the opposite direction so that it drags the white chocolate into a swirl-like pattern.
- Bake according to your brownie box instructions for a 8×8 or 9×9 pan.