Easy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
Post-holiday blues and snowed-in days call for these easy peanut butter and chocolate dipped pretzels. The irresistible ratio of sweet to salty is perfected in this recipe and if you really want to level it up, sprinkle on some toffee bits. If your pantry is like mine, you’ll have all four of the ingredients waiting for you. The toffee bits were an pleasant surprise, so if you’re running to the store for the obligatory snow day bread and milk, snag a bag in the bakery aisle!
15 minutes, 4 ingredients.
To make chocolate covered pretzels, I like to use the thin hard salted pretzels, you can also use little thin pretzel rods for these peanut butter and chocolate dipped pretzels. I prefer the chocolate to pretzel ratio with the thin pretzels but you can also do this with the thicker hard salted pretzels, use what you love.
The Toffee Bits
These are completely optional for this recipe but they do add another layer of buttery sweetness that is undeniably irresistible. If you don’t have them or can’t find them, no one will miss something they don’t know about, and I won’t tell them if you don’t – wink wink –
This bag of toffee bits should be easy to find in the bakery section of your grocery store. In my store, they are mixed in with the chocolate chip bags, they may be seasonal but I’m honestly not sure, I pick up a bag to have on hand when I notice them available. I have a bad habit of impulse buying bags of morsels and chips.
If you have leftover toffee bits, grab a can of biscuits to make this toffee monkey bread!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- ¼ TBSP Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 75-80 Small Hard Pretzels
- ¼ cup Toffee Bits (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine your semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Heat to melt, start with 1 minute in the microwave, stir to combine and then continue to melt in 30 second intervals, stirring in each break until melted.
- Set out a wire rack. Holding onto the side of the pretzel, dip ½ or ⅔ of each pretzel into the melted chocolate mixture, give it a quick tap on the side of the bowl or a light shake to remove the excess chocolate mixture.
- Place on the wire rack.
- Sprinkle on your toffee bits (optional).
- Put them in your freezer to flash freeze them. It should take about 15 minutes. Once the chocolate mixture sets you can place them in a large food storage bag – store in the refrigerator.