Monster brownies are the best way to use up your halloween candy. Your favorite brownie is now leveled up by adding in chopped nougat, peanuts, rice crisps, and caramel candies. The crunch and the chewy caramel pull make these brownies a dream. I am absolutely obsessed, I don’t know if I can go back to plain brownies.
Use your favorite boxed brownie mix. I used Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate for these to make them extra dark and Halloween-like. I have made these monster brownies several times, and you can use any flavor chocolate brownie mix. Helpful hint, yo will want to read the back of the box to make sure it has instructions for a 8×8 or 9×9 pan.
USE: Twix, M&Ms, Snickers, Reeses Cups, 100 Grand. Any of your favorite chocolate candies. Anything with caramel and crunch is gold. In my opinion, Twix are an absolute must.
DON’T USE: Fruit candy (starburst, taffy etc). Anything with mint it (Peppermint York Patties). But, if you want to use mint chocolates, skip the peanut and peanut butter chocolates because mixing the two flavors will give the brownies a weird flavor.
Googly Eyes! They complete the monster brownies. You can usually find them at a grocery store baking aisle or online.
- 1 box Your favorite boxed brownie mix (and all of the ingredients it calls for on the instructions)
- 3 cups Chopped candy pieces (reserve ½ cup for after baking)
- Candy googly eyes
- Mix your brownie mix up according to the package instructions and set aside. Preheat the oven and prepare your 8x8 baking pan. Line it with parchment paper for an easy way to take them out of the baking pan to cut and serve. Spray with cooking spray.
- Chop up your candy. The recipe uses 3 cups chopped candies. Reserve ½ cup for the top of the brownies once they come out of the oven.
- Add the chopped candy to the prepared brownie mix.
- Stir in the candy so that it is evenly distributed.
- Pour the brownie mix into the baking pan. Bake according to the package instructions. Once the brownies are done, remove them from the oven and add the reserved ½ cup of chopped candies to the top. Gently press down. Add on some googly eyes to complete the monster brownies.