There is a running joke on the internet that avocados are to blame for millennials not being able to afford a house mortgage. This creamy chilled avocado soup is well worth downgrading your dream forever home, three bathrooms are not really necessary are they?
This soup comes together in ten minutes and uses 4 super simple ingredients. Naturally vegan and gluten free. Serve it topped with lump crab or croutons for an extra special look.
I’m not a registered dietitian but I can tell you that avocados are packed with important vitamins and health benefits.
160 calories, 2 grams of protein and 15 grams of healthy fats. Although it contains 9 grams of carbs, 7 of those are fiber, so there are only 2 “net” carbs, making this a “low-carb” food.
- Avocados contain more potassium than a banana.
- Loaded With Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids
- Loaded With Fiber
- Eating Avocados Can Lower Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels
- Their Fat Content May Help You Absorb Nutrients From Plant Foods
- Loaded With Powerful Antioxidants That Can Protect Your Eyes
- May Help Prevent Cancer
- Avocado Extract May Help Relieve Symptoms of Arthritis
- Eating Avocado May Help You Lose Weight
Chilled Avocado Soup
- 5 Ripe Avocados
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4 cups Vegetarian Stock
- 20 shakes Tabasco optional
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Sliced Avocado
- Lump Crab