Jalapeño popper mummies are the ideal Halloween treat. Spicy, cheesy and all wrapped up snug in warm croissant mummy wrap.
Jalapeño Popper Mummies – the eyes
You can make eyes out of so many different things, just be creative. Candy eyes are cute but, to be honest, they taste a little….sweet.
You can also use a straw and pop out small circles from a jalapeño.
Another option are eyes from the craft store, but make sure they are removed before eating.
Spooky Jalapeño Popper Mummies
A Halloween party MUST HAVE. Traditional jalapeño poppers wrapped in store bought croissant dough topped with cute candy eyes are a guaranteed to be the most favorite-in-theme hors d'oeuvre.Print Email Pin Rate
- 6 Jalapeños
- 2 Sliced of Bacon – cooked and chopped
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese – Softened
- 4 oz. Sour Cream
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 can Crescent rolls or dough sheet
- Candy Eyes
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Slice the jalapeños in half length-wise, and scoop out the seeds. Be careful the seeds will leave a lasting impression on anything you touch afterwards. I usually use a 1/4 teaspoon to help because it’s small enough to fit into the pepper without breaking it. I insert it at the top, spoon down and scrape along the bottom of the pepper.
- Mix together the bacon, cream cheese, sour cream and cheeses until combined evenly.
- On a baking tray, lined with parchment paper, lay out your peppers.
- Using a spoon, fill your peppers with bacon and cheese mixture until they are stuffed.
- Now, to make these poppers into mummies…You will cut 1/8th or so wide piece off of lengthwise.
- Wrap it around the stuffed jalapeño peppers in a mummy like form, use your imagination and have fun.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the mummy wrap is brown.
- Top with candy eyes.