Box brownie mix cookies, brownies + cookies is the most unbeatable combination, it’s the best of both worlds, who says you have to choose? All you need are three every day ingredients and about 15 minutes for these soft, gooey brownie cookies. Cookie-like crispy edges with the pillowy melted chocolate brownie center – pure heaven. Pair it with a cold class of milk or topped with vanilla ice cream for the ultimate treat.
Helpful Hints for Success
Because of the batter consistency, the cookies do spread just slightly (like the photo above), but there is an extra step to take if you want more-picture-perfect circle cookies. Once the batter is set a little, you can make smaller cookie dough balls and roll them in the palm of your hand before placing them on your cookie sheet, spaced apart, about 6-9 per cookie sheet to prevent them from bumping into each other and to keep them more uniform shape.
If you’re using sprinkles, add some on before baking and save a few to add on after they come out of the oven to give your cookies a more vibrant presentation. Gently press into place if they roll away.
Box Brownie Mix Cookies
We all have our favorite go-to, never let us down box brownie mix. Our family’s favorite is Ghirardelli. It’s never failed us, they always come out perfectly gooey and soft, not the mention the added bonus of melted chocolate chips inside each square. You can buy in bulk at Costco or Amazon so they are always on hand for that late night craving.
Baking brownies from scratch is fun and there is a sense of accomplishment, I did it in culinary school and a few times afterward – I even published this double chocolate brownies with ganache recipe, but our usual go-to is right out of the box – the wheel has been perfected and it lets us do quick and easy desserts (with the kids and without hassle or much clean up). The recipe below was made with these Ghirardelli’s Dark Chocolate Brownies.
Box Brownie Mix Cookies
- 1 box Ghirardelli Chocolate Brownie Mix (18oz-20oz)
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter – melted
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Melt you butter and set aside, let it cool down a little so that it doesn't scramble your eggs when you combine the ingredients.
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk your eggs together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add your boxed brownie mix, your whisked eggs and melted butter. Stir until combined, try not to over stir.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop out your cookie dough and place 2 inches apart from one another, about 9 cookies per cookie sheet. Top with sprinkles. (see blog notes on helpful hints)
- Bake at 350F for 8- 10 minutes, the middle may still have a slight brownie-like jiggle. Remove from the oven and let cool.