Looking for a cool fun summer snack? These lemonade popsicles are just the thing! Refreshing lemonade mixed with coconut milk and your favorite fresh fruit will keep you cool all summer long. Perfect for kids too!
Make them your own! These have three simple ingredients and I’ll walk you through how to choose them so you can make your favorite combination!
Homemade Lemonade is the preferred lemonade. You can make my super easy and delicious simple lemonade! In this recipe, I show you have to make an entire pitcher, but if you’re just making it for popsicles, you can divide the recipe into fourths.
I suggest using Meyer lemons for your homemade lemonade. They have a softer sweeter taste, however regular lemons work just as well.
Store bought will work. I tested this recipe with store bought lemonade, out of all of my taste tests, store bought lemonade created the most diluted lemon flavor.
When I was testing this recipe I noticed that the type of coconut milk is important. For the creamy white (as seen in this picture above), you need to use full fat unsweetened coconut milk. You can buy this in a can. I like the 1/2 lemonade and 1/2 coconut milk look, but you can add more coconut milk if you want your entire popsicle to be white and creamy.
You can use a less-fat coconut milk, however you will not see the thick white creamy section of the popsicle. It will separate from the lemonade more so most of your popsicle will look like an icee rather than a creamsicle. The only thing that changes is the texture, the flavor is the same.
Favorite Fresh Fruit
Use your favorite fruit! You can have fun with this, mix it up. Strawberries and blueberries are great matches to lemon. Just make sure you cut up the fruit so that it’s bite size!
- 1 cup Lemonade (Meyer Lemons preferred) see link for recipe above
- 1 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
- Fresh Fruit (optional) cut into bite size pieces
- In a blender, combine your lemonade and coconut milk together. Blend until it's homogenous, about 30 – 60 seconds.
- In your popsicle mold, add in your fruit. Make sure to only add in a few pieces of fruit so that your handle/stick can go all the way into the popsicle.
- Pour your lemonade coconut mixture into the popsicle molds all the way to the top. Add your handle. Freeze overnight.
2 thoughts on “Lemonade Popsicles”