Raise your hand if you need a double chocolate brownie! These sweet cake-like brownies are topped with a thick delectable dark chocolate ganache. The ratio of brownie to creamy ganache is perfect for any special occasion or just to satisfy your sweet tooth.
They come together just as easy as any box brownie mix but tastes a 1000 times better. These cake-like brownies are chocolatey, chewy, soft and moist. With simple pantry ingredients, you will want them for dessert every single night.
Top them with ice cream or caramel sauce, or both!
Some people may shy away from making homemade chocolate ganache, but this method is so easy and fool proof you will never look back after this.
Ganache is made by combining even amounts of chocolate and warm cream. For these brownies, I use dark chocolate chips (1 12oz bag) and 2 cups (1 pint) of heavy whipping cream. You want to heat up the cream until it’s warm-hot to the touch. The key is to not bring the milk to a boil, otherwise the cream can break, however it needs to be hot enough to melt the chocolate chips.
Once the cream is hot, pour over the dark chocolate chips and stir until it comes together.
Double Chocolate Brownies
- 2 cups Sugar
- 13 TBSP Soft Butter
- 5 Eggs
- 1 cup & 1 TBSP Flour
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips (1 12oz bag)
- 2 cups Heavy Cream (1 pint)
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Prepare your 9×9 inch pan, line with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Using a mixer, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add in your eggs, one at a time.
- Add in the flour and cocoa powder. Mix until completely incorporated, it will be very thick.
- Pour into your pan and spread out until it's as even as possible. My grandma taught me to gently tap the bottom of the pan on the floor and it will help even out the batter.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 40-45 minutes. To test, poke a toothpick or cake tester in the middle and it should come out clean.
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- While your brownies bake, prepare your ganache.
- Put your dark chocolate chips into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small pot, over medium heat, without boiling, heat your heavy cream until it become hot.
- Pour your hot cream over your dark chocolate chips and stir until all the chocolate melts and the cream is fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Once your brownies come out of the oven, let them cool for 10-15 minutes. Pour your dark chocolate ganache over the brownies and let it cool and set for about an hour.
- Once the brownies are cool, store in the refrigerator.