Brown sugar prosciutto asparagus bundles are perfect the holidays. The sweet caramelized baked brown sugar on top of the salty crispy prosciutto wrapped around the perfectly roasted asparagus, is an absolute crowd pleaser, a must have for any holiday entertaining. An instant crowd favorite.
Three simple ingredients with a lot of punch of flavor and they are super cute on the serving dish. It doesn’t get any easier than this.
The Asparagus Bend and Snap
I always try to find the thinner asparagus stalks, I think they just taste better, and they roast in less time.
To clean them, snap off the bottom end, when you bend the stalk it will naturally snap at the breaking point, you can discard the bottom that snapped off.
It’s impractical to do this if you’re making a lot of asparagus, but once you snap one or two stalks to find the breaking point, line them up with the remainder of the bundle on the cutting board and using a chef knife you can trim the rest using the the snapped one as the guide.
Bonus tip: once you get home from the grocery store, place the stem/bottom of the bundle in a coffee mug with water and keep it in your refrigerator, this will keep them fresher longer.
Brown Sugar Prosciutto Asparagus Bundles
- 1 bundle Thin Asparagus (about 1 lb)
- 6 slices Prosciutto (about 3-4oz)
- 2 TBSP Brown Sugar
- A drizzle Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean and snap the asparagus.
- Wrap about 3-4 asparagus in one slice of prosciutto, try to keep it a single layer, only overlapping the sides to keep it together.
- Sprinkle on brown sugar, about 1 teaspoon per bundle.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes. The brown sugar will be caramelized, the prosciutto will be crispy and the asparagus will be a tender soft bite with a slight crunch.