Buffalo chicken pizza is here and I’m so excited to share it! It’s one my most-loved flavor combinations. This pizza is a true obsession, it has all of the favorites and every single bite is amazing.
I absolutely love anything buffalo chicken. I cannot say no.
To make the buffalo chicken for this pizza I used a pressure cooker (an Instant Pot to be exact, amazon affiliate link). This is my ideal way to make it because the chicken becomes infused with the buffalo sauce making it so moist and flavorful for the top of the pizza. Not to mention, it only takes 9 minutes, 11 minutes if cooking your chicken from frozen!
If you don’t have a pressure cooker, no worries, you use the crock-pot, set it in the morning and have it ready for dinner.
Or buy a rotisserie chicken – they are a great way skip the hassle of making chicken, you can shred and toss directly in the buffalo sauce – easy peasy.
If you have extra buffalo chicken – make these buffalo chicken wraps for lunch!
Shred the Chicken
If you have a stand mixer, the easiest way to shred the chicken is with a paddle attachement – just add your chicken and some of the sauce to the bowl and turn on the mixer. The paddle attachement will shred the chicken perfectly.
You can also use a fork or dice the chicken instead, either way works for your buffalo chicken pizza!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Crust Dough
It takes less than 15 minutes (not counting rise time) to make homemade pizza dough. I used my homemade Italian Herbs and Garlic dough and it gave it such an incredible extra layer of flavor.
You can also make your own classic pizza dough or use store bought. If you use store bought make sure you use the fresh pizza dough ball, usually in the deli or bakery section of your grocery store. In my opinion, these store-bought balls of dough make the best pizza if you’re not going to make your own dough.
Making the Best Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Buffalo chicken wings demand carrots, celery and sauces for it to feel complete. This pizza has it all so it should be no surprise that this buffalo chicken pizza stays true to expectations and knocks it out of the park in flavor.
Bold Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- ½ lb Chicken Breasts
- 6 oz Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Pizza Dough
- Corn Meal
- 1 drizzle Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup Your favorite Ranch Dressing
- ¼ Purple Onion - thinly sliced
- 1 TBSP Thinly Sliced Chives
- 1 TBSP Paper-Thinly Sliced Celery
- ¼ Carrot - shredded
- 3-5 oz Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Prepare the chicken, in a pressure cooker or crock-pot add your chicken and buffalo sauce, cook until done and shred. See blog notes.
- Preheat your oven to 425F. If you are using a pizza stone, preheat the stone in the oven as it comes up to temperature.
- On the counter, sprinkle corn meal and roll out your pizza dough.
- Once your pizza stone is pre-heated, carefully remove from the oven, or if you're using a sheet pan - sprinkle on cornmeal and transfer your dough to your stone/pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over the pizza dough.
- Add your shredded mozzarella cheese, a few dollops of ranch dressing and your thinly sliced purple onions.
- Add your shredded buffalo chicken.
- Add your chives, celery, carrots and blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.