When I was pregnant I refused all things chicken except this buffalo chicken wrap that was served at our neighborhood Irish Bar. It was, and still is so good. We moved across town so I’m no longer a frequent flyer but I have learned how to satisfy my buffalo chicken craving at home.
Just in time for the Super Bowl! These little bites are a great addition to any watch party menu. Buffalo chicken is always a crowd favorite – it comes in pizza, dip, wraps. These zesty bite size snacks are a perfect combination of all three of those and so easy to make.
For the base of these bites, I use my homemade pizza dough recipe. I’m sure you can use store bought pizza dough as well. I did do a taste test with store bought canned crescent rolls and they turned out too sweet.
Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 24 mini-muffin pan
- 1 Pizza Crust
- 2 TBSP of Buffalo Sauce I use Frank’s
- 1 TBSP of Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup of cooked Chicken Tenders – diced
- 1 cup of shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup of shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup of shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Corn Meal
- Green onions to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl mix together the buffalo sauce and blue cheese or ranch dressing until combined and set aside.
- In another bowl, toss the shredded cheeses together so that they are evenly distributed and set aside.
- Sprinkle corn meal in each the 24 min-muffin holes. The corn meal will help the dough form a crispy crust while baking.
- On your counter, sprinkle down some corn meal and roll out your pizza crust. You want to roll out your dough so that it’s large enough to cut out 24 2-inch circles or squares. It should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- I use a 2-inch biscuit cutter to cut circles for my bites. You can also use a pizza cutter to cut out 2 inch squares. Once you cut the dough it may try to shrink in size, just give it a little tug around the edges to stretch it back out. Place in the mini muffin pan.
- If you’re using a biscuit cutter, to have enough dough, make sure keep your cuts as close together as possible, they can even be touching.
- Fill in the entire muffin pan.
- Fill in each cup with the buffalo sauce mixture, you will want to fill it about 1/3 up (approx. 1/4 tsp).
- Fill each cup with your cooked diced chicken tenders.
- Top with your cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
- Top with thinly sliced green onions and enjoy!