This spring vegetable and goat cheese frittata is the best way to celebrate Spring. Spring is the best season for coming out of winter hibernation and enjoying fresh vegetables once again! My California husband was unaware of seasonal vegetables and fruits until he moved East (and met me because I shop on sale and refuse to pay extra for out-of-season produce).
Farmers markets and the fresh produce sections of your grocery store are finally stocked with beautiful spring vegetables making it easier to make dishes that are pretty, healthy and delicious. This gluten-free and vegetarian spring vegetable frittata is a perfect example. You can make this goat cheese frittata for breakfast, brunch or even dinner and leftovers make an easy-to-take lunch.
Spring Vegetable & Goat Cheese Frittata
- 8 Eggs
- 2 TBSP Milk
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 cup Potatoes – diced (red, russet, any type)
- 1 handful Asparagus
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 small Leek
- 2-4 oz Herb & Garlic Goat Cheese (you your favorite flavor)
- ½ tsp Salt – divided
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Prepare your vegetables. Cut your potato into 1/4 inch cubes. I did not peel my potato, but you can if you want to. Trim your asparagus into 2 inch shoots. Tear off any long stems on your spinach leaves. Clean and cut your leek into thin slices (the white section only).
- In your cast iron pan heat up your olive oil, potatoes and 1/4 tsp salt. Sauté your potatoes until just-about-fork tender, 5-7 minutes. You should be able to easily poke the fork into the potato but not have it fall off because they are going into the oven with the eggs and will cook longer.
- While your potatoes are cooking, prepare the egg mixture. Whisk together your eggs, milk and 1/4 tsp salt until they are incorporated. Add in the baby spinach and leeks, stir until combined.
- Once the potatoes are just about fork tender, turn off the heat. Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and add in the asparagus.
- Spoon dollop the goat cheese around the top. In my opinion, the more goat cheese the better, but it’s up to you.
- Bake in a 400F oven for 15-20 minutes. Until the eggs are set and cooked to your liking.