Looking for that perfect Christmas morning breakfast that doesn’t take up too much time? This warm, sweet, holiday-spiced gingerbread french toast casserole is just what you need. Prepare it before Santa comes the night before and when you wake up, just pop it in the oven!
It’s simple, easy and jam packed with holiday flavors. Making it an easy tradition for any busy holiday morning.
Easy to make using pantry staples! Just mix these 5 dry-spices together until evenly combined.
1 tsp of Cinnamon
1 tsp Ginger
1 tsp Allspice
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Cloves
The Best Overnight Gingerbread French Toast
- 1 Loaf Challah Bread, or similar
- 6 Eggs
- 2 cups Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Gingerbread Seasoning See Blog for recipe, divided
- 1 TBSP Butter + enough to coat casserole dish
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs.
- Add in the cream, milk, sugar, vanilla and 1 TBSP of the Gingerbread seasoning mixture and whisk to combine.
- Cut the bread up into 1 inch cubes, and place in a large bowl. Pour the egg and cream mixture over the bread cubes and stir to fully combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 425F. Take the bread mixture out of the refrigerator and stir.
- Butter your casserole dish. Pour your bread mixture into the casserole dish, cut your 1 TBSP of butter up into cubes and dot around the dish. Sprinkle the remainder of your gingerbread seasoning on top.
- Bake at 425F for 30-35 minutes, make sure that the egg mixture has cooked through. The top will also be a little crusty which I love.
Other Breakfast Ideas:
Broccoli and Leek Quiche
Classic Eggs Benedict
Sweet Pumpkin Spice Morning Rolls