This bacon honey almond Brussel sprouts “salad” is the perfect side dish to any meal. It’s warm, smokey, sweet and crunchy. You will want to keep going back for seconds, thirds or more. This recipe is quick and super easy. It takes 20 minutes to cook, serve it warm, at room temperature or even cold. It tastes so good anytime, maybe even gets a little better as it sits.
Bacon honey almond Brussel sprouts are perfect for weeknight dinners, potlucks, and the holidays. The other night we made a white pizza and used it as the pizza topping with shredded fontina cheese. The possibilities are endless.
Warm Brussel Sprouts Salad: Super Simple Ingredients
Bacon – I prefer uncured bacon but you can use whatever you have. If you want to fancy it up you can also use cubed pancetta! Bacon will give you a a smokey sweet flavor, if you want to make this vegetarian, you can leave this ingredient out.
Honey – I love to buy local honey from my grocery store, it’s my favorite flavor. The little honey bear will also do the trick. If you’re looking for something that is more sustainable and easier on the bee, you can substitute this with Bee-Free Honey. Bee-Free Honey is usually made from apples and will give the same type of sweetness so you’re not sacrificing flavor.
Almonds – Make this easy on yourself and buy almond slices. I usually find them in my produce section. Read my kitchen lesson on how to properly store leftover nuts.
Brussel Sprouts – Brussel Sprouts come in all shapes and sizes. To save time, you can buy them already sliced or shaved from the grocery store, however sometimes you can get a bad batch that have already started to turn brown.
You can buy a bag or a stalk of Brussel sprouts. If you do this, you will want to clean off the top layer of leaves and then take a sharp knife to slice them. You can halve or quarter them, doing this will slightly increase the cooking time.
Warm Bacon Honey Almond Brussel Sprouts Salad
- 5 Slices Bacon
- 1 Lb Brussel Sprouts, cleaned, trimmed & sliced
- 1 cup Almond Slices
- 3 TBSP Honey
- 1-2 pinches Salt
- Dice your bacon. Add your diced bacon to your pan, over medium heat cook until crispy. Remove and drain the bacon on the paper towel. Discard all but 1 TBSP of bacon grease. If you're skipping the bacon, use 1 TBSP of olive oil.
- Add in your Brussel sprouts with a pinch of salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until they are fork tender, about 3-4 minutes. You can cook a little longer if you want them to be softer.
- Add in your almond slices until they are warmed through and their oils start to infuse, about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, mix back in your bacon. Drizzle on your honey.